Real time performance is achieved by scheduling analyses in real time, near real time and batch analysis environments. Near real time analyses provide subsequent real time analyses with evidence just in time to proceed without delay. Batch processing supports less time sensitive activities such as refreshing reference data and periodic reporting.
Each analysis environment - real time, near real time and batch - requires one or a cluster of compute nodes depending on workload. Nodes may be physical, virtual or a docker container.
Each node requires the following external components
- A supported 64-bit operating system. One of
- Linux: Redhat Enterprise Server, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Ubuntu
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Unix: IBM AIX, HP-UX, Oracle Solaris
- A 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java Development Kit (JDK), which must be compatible with the selected operating system. One of
- IBM JDK
- Oracle JDK
- A Java Transaction Architecture (JTA) compatible transaction monitor. This can be one provided by a JEE server or a stand alone implementation. The selected solution must be compatible with the selected operating system and Java environment. Supported JEE servers are
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
- JBoss EAP
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- A connection to an XA enabled data store. This can can be an RDBMS accessed via JDBC or Apache HBase accessed via our XA capable ilona hbase client. Supported RDMBS are
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
In addition to the external components above, the following are required
- Infrastructure to support the data stores accessed by the analysis environments, provisioned according to the recommendations of the vendor. See above for supported data stores.
- A workflow management system. As discussed in ilona analytics : routing and workflow this can be the system bundled as a component of ilona analytics or a third party system. Requirements for the former are the same as for an analysis environment, see the vendor recommendations for the latter.
- When analysis environments are clustered, as they invariably are for production, a cluster management solution is required. This will vary according to how and where the nodes are deployed - on physical or virtual hardware, on premises or in a cloud.
ilona analytics offers a myriad of deployment options. Which best fits your needs?
Let's talk! Explore with us how ilona analytics can apply the power of real time analytics to enhance your business.